28 January 2010

28 January

(I know, technically it's already the 29th.  But I did all this work on the 28th!)

Today I cut out the lining fabric and began to sew.  Unfortunately my camera wasn't charged, so I have no photos, but I didn't do anything very exciting!   Turns out I have lots more lining fabric than I needed.  Well, black lining fabric is never lacking for a use around here!

I decided not to use the muslin/canvas/mystery fabric interlining after all. After washing, and attempting to iron it, I just don't want to deal with it!  And I think the layers of the velvet and lining will be heavy and structured enough in themselves.  I'll attach the netting to the lining, probably between the outer velvet and the lining; but I haven't quite decided on that point yet.  I'm doing flat-felled seams on the lining, as it frays considerably, and this gives a nice smooth finish.

That's all for tonight... I plan to get a lot done tomorrow, and I've charged the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments! My only request is that you keep your comments pleasant (no "bashing"!) and family-friendly.