22 January 2010

22 January

No real progress today either.  I hand-washed the proposed interlining fabric; it's a strange, stiff cotton, which in appearance and colour reminds me of unbleached muslin, but which is much heavier and stiffer -- it reminds me of a lightweight canvas.  Or sailcloth or something.

The water after the second wash.  My fabric didn't look yellow or dirty at all, so this was surprising!


Anyway, I washed it, which resulted in dark, ugly, mustard-yellow water.  Then I wrung the water out and meant to iron it dry immediately, but I got sidetracked, and by the time I got to it the fabric was almost completely dry, and the wrinkles were forbidding.  I made an effort but gave up and decided to machine wash it tomorrow.


I'll wash it in the machine tomorrow, take it out promptly and see how it presses.  At this point I'm wondering if it will be so good for an interlining, if it really is this prone to wrinkling.  We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

I did finish the shirt I was working on, so today wasn't totally useless for sewing.  I hope I'll have more dress news next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments! My only request is that you keep your comments pleasant (no "bashing"!) and family-friendly.